The City of Coon Rapids operates under a Council-Manager form of government. Under this structure, the elected Mayor and City Council are responsible for all policy decisions affecting the City. The implementation of Council policies and the general administration of City operations are the responsibility of the City Manager.
The City Manager's tasks include:
- Direct and supervise the administration of all City departments, offices and agencies
- Develop programs and policy alternatives for consideration by City Council
- Represent the City in negotiations with other governmental representatives
The City Manager is selected by the City Council to manage day to day operations of all functions of city government. The City Manager, along with the management team, evaluate and make recommendations to the City Council on all issues of concern to the City.
Divisions within the City Manager's Office include:
- City Clerk
- Communications & Marketing
- CTN - Coon Rapids Community Television Network
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
To learn about the City Manager's department staff, please visit the staff directory.